Re: 100% failover + replication solution

From: "Moiz Kothari" <moizpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 100% failover + replication solution
Date: 2006-10-31 09:42:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Shoaib,

This sounds really like what i need, but again 8.2 is in beta.

Just one question, i dunno if i am thinking in right direction, but is there
anyway of finding out the END XID, transaction id and OID of last archived
WAL log applied to the database. I was thinking if i can get that value then
i can reset XLOGs using pg_resetxlog to that point and then start applying
the new WAL logs. Am i thinking it correctly or there is some flaw here.

Also if i am thinking it right, then how can i find the details i asked
above.

Regards,
Moiz Kothari