Re: Fwd: Restarting with pg_ctl, users, and passwords.

From: "Matthew Pettis" <matthew(dot)pettis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Restarting with pg_ctl, users, and passwords.
Date: 2008-08-20 18:58:37
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

SOLVED.

Yep, Restart was done.

The issue turned out not to be with Postgresql config, but the app
config. In the app, I define a connection string, which has user,
password, and databasename. When I had this same configuration on
WinXP, I did not need to specify a fourth parameter, the host, which
explicitly told the app to use host=localhost. When I added the host
param to the connection string, it all went through.

On the bright side, I learned a lot about how to restart the service
and the config files...

Curious: Any ideas why I can leave the host off my connection string
in WinXP, but not Linux? It it an idiosyncracy of my app, or of
PostgreSQL?

Thanks for all the help,
Matt

--
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are
broken that we come to repair the world.