shell script when a user logs in

From: "Campano, Troy" <Troy(dot)Campano(at)LibertyMutual(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: shell script when a user logs in
Date: 2003-01-10 18:56:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a shell script that executes when a user logs into postgresql?

I wanted to do something like this. I modified the pg_ctl shell script so that it emails me when someone users pg_ctl to start/stop/etc the postgresql database.
So I was wondering if there was something similar I could edit to email me when a user logs in and/or logs out from postgresql.

thank you!

~ Troy Campano ~