Re: Status report: getting plpgsql to use the core lexer

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status report: getting plpgsql to use the core lexer
Date: 2009-07-15 23:40:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... I spent a fair amount of time trying to work around that
>> by eliminating uses of "yytext" in plpgsql, and mostly succeeded, but
>> there are still some left. (Some of the remaining regression failures are
>> error messages that point at the wrong token because they rely on yytext.)

> Just wondering if there are additional regressions not detected due to
> pg_regress using the ignore-whitespace option to diff.

Good question, but I doubt it --- those messages all use double quotes
around the yytext string, and I believe that eg. "foo" and " foo" are
different even under --ignore-whitespace.

I just finished wiping all that stuff from my work directory, or I'd
be able to give you a non-guesswork answer :-( ... but it's not
worth regenerating the build for.