Slony-I for circular replication

From: "Bozhidar Mihaylov" <bozhidar(dot)mihaylov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
Subject: Slony-I for circular replication
Date: 2006-03-30 10:13:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All;

Can Slony-I be used for circular replication (A <replicates> B <replicates>
A)
or there is some kind of problem with locking or anything else?
If I avoid insert conflicts will the following scenario succeed for the
updates :
A: X.balance-= 5
B: X.balance-= 3
A receives the update from B (X.balance -= 3)
B receives the update from A (X.balance -= 5)
or it will lead to deadlock ?
Nodes A and B will reside at different geografical locations.
I'll use only node A to service both locations in the most time and B for
redundancy.
But the case of broken connection between node A and B could lead to
scenarios
like latter because then A and B will service their own location. Could such
a scenarios
be detected and logged ?
What happen in case of a conflict (dublicated primary key/update deleted) ?
Could the performed action be managed ?

Regards,
Bozhidar Mihaylov