Re: Developer TODO List as a PostgreSQL DB

From: "Chad Wagner" <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, deductive(at)kutoma(dot)com
Subject: Re: Developer TODO List as a PostgreSQL DB
Date: 2007-02-27 13:41:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/26/07, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> > Just wondering after reading so many mails from Hackers List.(its 2.15AM
> > now!!) Is there anybody working on something to create a DB from
> > a) The TODO list http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
> > b) The sourcecode of PostgreSQL
> > c) The relevant Mailings from the developers lists
>
> Of those, only the TODO makes sense as a DB. You're welcome to go for it.

The TODO list is a bit outdated, and it would make sense to make it into a
web page and assign names to the tasks and which releases the TODO task will
make it in. Perhaps it would even be useful for folks to post their WIP
patches, status updates, etc to such a page?

Any comments? I am willing to chip in. I could only imagine the current
workload for maintaining this is a bit overwhelming.