Re: How to run PostgreSQL?

From: Jan Muhammad <janmuhd(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Ries van Twisk <pg(at)rvt(dot)dds(dot)nl>, Ray Stell <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to run PostgreSQL?
Date: 2009-05-07 16:36:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

It wasn't installed with package manager; I downloaded and followed the PDF manual from the link ( http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/). But now while I installed it from source; if try to check it with (#rpm -q postgresql ), I get "Package postgresql is not installed". I wonder the system doesn't show me the installed PostgreSQL; I can manually goto /usr/local/pgsql directory which contains my installed version.

Anyways, spent a whole day but couldn't yet figure out the actual problem.

Regards

-Jan