Calling inner functions vs. Begin-End blocs

From: "Charles N(dot) Charotti" <ccharotti(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Edgar Rojas <efrojaspy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Calling inner functions vs. Begin-End blocs
Date: 2011-06-09 16:10:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Everybody !

I'm just wondering what is really better in terms of performance ...

I have a large function that makes many things, and I must control the exception
of some parts of the code ...

whats better in terms of performance ... to catch exceptions in several inner
"Begin-End" blocs in the main function or to implement several callings of other
functions ?

Thanks in advance,

Charles