Re: SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "vyang" <vyang(at)apt-cafm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall
Date: 2008-05-01 14:18:53
Lists: pgsql-general

"vyang" <vyang(at)apt-cafm(dot)com> writes:
> I'm having trouble with postgres filling the log with SSL SYSCALL error: A
> blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

That was fixed some time ago:

* src/backend/libpq/: be-secure.c (REL7_4_STABLE), be-secure.c
(REL8_1_STABLE), be-secure.c (REL8_0_STABLE), be-secure.c
(REL8_2_STABLE), be-secure.c: Remove redundant logging of send
failures when SSL is in use. While pqcomm.c had been taught not to
do that ages ago, the SSL code was helpfully bleating anyway.
Resolves some recent reports such as bug #3266; however the
underlying cause of the related bug #2829 is still unclear.

Update to a newer release.