Re: problem with libpq7.3.3/encrypted

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, christian(dot)bahls(at)stud(dot)uni-rostock(dot)de
Subject: Re: problem with libpq7.3.3/encrypted
Date: 2003-08-04 17:45:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de> writes:
> I believe we have a problem with libpq 7.3.3 with encryption. I
> currently don't have a 7.3.3/ssl system running, but this has been
> reported by Christian Ruediger Bahls, who traced it, and Dave Page.

> When running pgAdmin3 over a ssl encrypted connection, it will hang,
> even for very small queries with a single result.

I have identified some problems in EOF detection in 7.3.3-and-up with
SSL transport. The behavior I was able to reproduce was (a) incorrect
report of lost connection, when it was only a matter of no data yet,
and (b) bogus error reporting when the connection actually is lost.
I am not sure this explains your problem, but please try the
just-applied patches and see if it helps.