Re: prepare()

From: "Stuart Cooper" <stuart(dot)cooper(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Allison" <tom(at)tacocat(dot)net>
Cc: "General PostgreSQL List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: prepare()
Date: 2007-05-30 01:17:36
Lists: pgsql-general

> The pg_prepared_statments view will give you information on prepared statments
> currently resident in the database backend. I suggest you run your progam
> (with a couple of "Enter to continue" breakpoints in the code) and, in another
> session, select from pg_prepared_statements and see if the prepared statement
> is still there.

> I'll be trying this myself a bit later once I stabilise my system, so
> watch this space!

My system is stabilised and I'm looking at this now. I'm not getting a lot from
pg_prepared_statements yet: perhaps this view only reports on statements you've
prepared using PostgreSQL's PREPARE through their SQL interface, and not
DBI's DBD::Pg $dbh->prepare().

I know that a few versions back PostgreSQL's DBD driver didn't support prepared
statements (the operation was still there, it just wasn't doing the
whole magic),
I imagine that it does today but will investigate further.

Cheers,
Stuart.