[Pljava-dev] Re: PL Java Security (sqlj / owner postgres)

From: hrbek at plz(dot)comstar(dot)cz (Ing(dot) Filip Hrbek)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: PL Java Security (sqlj / owner postgres)
Date: 2005-02-06 16:18:44
Lists: pljava-dev

<BR>> Filip,
<BR>> > SQLJ Schema security:
<BR>> > -----------------------------------
<BR>> > The SQLJ schema is authorized to user
postgres.
<BR>> >
<BR>> Why? In my installation, I don\'t have a
postgres user. Is \"postgres\" a
<BR>> non-superuser in your setup?
<BR>
<BR>Yes, you are right. There is no reason to have
a \"postgres\" user. I am just used to have it as
a default (and the only) superuser.
<BR>
<BR>I wrote the \"checkIfConnectedAsSuperuser\"
method in the source (I can see it already in CVS
:-), this check should be sufficient. The SQLJ
schema and its object can be owned by another
supersuser who is deploying pl/Java, not only by
the default \"postgres\" user. The only important
thing is that the SQLJ objects owner has the
superuser flag \"on\".
<BR>
<BR>Regards, Filip
<BR>