Help with new contrib

From: Carlos Jordão <carlosjordao(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help with new contrib
Date: 2008-05-26 13:54:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I have worked on a project and on my free time I made a port of a
specific metaphone algorithm, adapted for Brazilian portuguese. I used
mainly the code presented in contrib/fuzzystr/dmetaphone.c to make the
postgresql interface.
So, I question if here is the best place for such contribution and
which license should use, or I can just keep the previous one (Perl's
compatible).
Cheers,
Jordao