Re: BUG #2648: I can not create table name with capital and small characters

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Asaf Avraham" <asaf(dot)avraham(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2648: I can not create table name with capital and small characters
Date: 2006-09-25 12:59:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Asaf,

SQL-92 states that identifiers [for dictionary objects] are limited to 128
characters and are case-insensitive (unless delimited by double quotes),
because they are automatically translated into uppercase by the system.

Standards are SQL-92, SQL-99 and SQL-2003, done by ISO and other
standardization commitees.

It can be that JSP and ASP work different than standard SQL-92. I formyself
prefer the easiest solution: just not use mixed case identifiers.

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa