Beta 1.6: Output Headers refresh in slow motion

From: "Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Beta 1.6: Output Headers refresh in slow motion
Date: 2006-09-15 14:07:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am totally fascinated with 1.6 ... and do more and more queries in that
joyfull Query window!

The "underlining of the errornous character" is really a big help for small
typing misstakes, GREAT!

On the Data Output grid, something could be better: those grey column
headers get refreshed in slow motion.

It happens when I switch pgadmin to the background and then back to the
foreground ... they blob in one after the other, with a clear recognizable
delay between each.

Also with queries with bigger result sets from distant (as in WAN) server:
data rather flashes into the grid, but the headers drop in one by one; as if
every header has to be confirmed by at least 1 core developer.

It seems to get slower over time ... that is with more concurrently open
output panes or longer runtime of pgadmin; but that is not confirmed yet.

Same "slow motion" is happening on resizing the output pane panel.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare