bug with fkey-dialog in tables belonging to schemes

From: Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug with fkey-dialog in tables belonging to schemes
Date: 2005-12-09 15:16:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

I discovered a subtle bug within the dialog for foreign key creation:

Be there a database "testdb" structured like:

CREATE SCHEMA nb1;

CREATE TABLE nb1.hauptbaer (
id_baer serial NOT NULL,
fischfeld text
);

ALTER TABLE nb1.hauptbaer
ADD CONSTRAINT hauptbaer_pkey PRIMARY KEY(id_baer);

CREATE TABLE nb1.nebenbaer (
id_nb serial NOT NULL,
rede text,
id_baer integer
);

ALTER TABLE ONLY nb1.nebenbaer
ADD CONSTRAINT nebenbaer_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id_nb);

that is, within schema "nb1" there are two tables "nb1.hauptbaer" and "nb1
nebenbaer".

The database, the schema, everthing is owned by a user named nb1.

Now create a connection to the database testdb as user nb1.

When going to "nebenbaer" and trying to add a foreign key constraint to
id_baer of hauptbaer...

you can select hauptbaer from the list of tables, but there is no scheme
prefix. On the dialog-tab where you need to select the columns for the fkey
relationship, no column from hauptbaer is shown.

My guess it's that the nb1-scheme is dropped out because it's same as
username.

If I connect as postgres or any other user, creating that restriction works
fine. I can select columns and all.

I hope I explained understandable; if I can do anything more to make it
reproducable, please let me know.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa