query path, and rules

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query path, and rules
Date: 2008-10-06 19:59:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hey folks,

I would like to learn more about execution path for a simple query,
that is going to be changed by a rule. I want to find out, why output
of 'affected rows' isn't always altered properly in rules rewriting
inserts and updates.
Can someone give me simple guide on where should I look, what
functions is a query going through, etc, etc ?

(based on cvs head).

thanks.