RE: Unable to connect to database

From: "Michael Ansley (UK)" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>
To: "'Peter Rogers'" <peterarogers(at)earthlink(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Unable to connect to database
Date: 2001-08-20 09:55:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Although, even if the problem is sorted, it appears that you have an
erratic JVM problem. Having -i off should not cause your JVM to dump
core. On RH7.1 I know that I have to set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 in
my java script, as not having it causes quite a few *erratic*
problems. You might want to check whether or not you need this
(Linux only, I think, and although I picked it up through the RH7.1
README (and some help from Trond ;-), I'm sure that there are other
distributions that require it, and it's possible that recent BSDs
using a Linux JVM might also require it).

Cheers...

MikeA