RE: AW: timeout on lock feature

From: Michael Ansley <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>, Henryk Szal <szal(at)doctorq(dot)com(dot)pl>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: AW: timeout on lock feature
Date: 2001-04-17 16:09:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry for my forgetfulness (and a search through geocrawler didn't turn up
anything useful), but what was the problem with something like NOWAIT?

e.g.: SELECT * FROM a FOR UPDATE NOWAIT;

where, if the required lock could not be obtained immediately, this
statement would raise an error.

Cheers...

MikeA

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged and/or copyright
material of Intec Telecom Systems PLC (or its affiliated companies). If you are not an
intended or authorised recipient of this e-mail or have received it in error, please delete
it immediately and notify the sender by e-mail. In such a case, reading, reproducing,
printing or further dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Intec Telecom Systems PLC. does not represent or warrant that an attachment hereto is free
from computer viruses or other defects. The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any
attachments may be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Intec Telecom
Systems PLC.