OIDs

From: Michael Ansley <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: OIDs
Date: 2000-10-02 16:40:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Is it possible to find out which table and oid comes from? Also, is it
possble to "dereference" an OID? In traditional ODB style, how would PG
store an object which contains references to other objects? I'm aware that
I could use normal foreign keys, but I would prefer to use direct references
in a SET OF column. How would I go about doing this, or am I barking up the
wrong tree?

Cheers...

MikeA