Re: (b)trim anomalies

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PgSql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: (b)trim anomalies
Date: 2004-11-28 06:55:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Not entirely.

Per <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/functions-string.html>,
btrim is documented as taking two arguments. There is a single-argument
version that exists that trims whitespace if only the first argument is
given (i.e., the characters to trim are omitted). This latter version
is nowhere documented as far as I can tell.

I'm also curious why, despite its place in the ANSI standard, \df seems
to reveal no information about trim.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell