Recover postgres database

From: nalini <nalini(at)nic(dot)in>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Recover postgres database
Date: 2009-09-22 11:31:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am unable to recover my data due hard disk errors. Although I am able to start the postgres service.
even pgfsck fails after some. Any hope of recovery? Please let me know any thing that can be done.

The server was located at user site and even the backups are not getting restored. I have more than one backup and none of them are working. They fail with the message somenumber.dat header missing or file missing.

please help

Nalini S. Nautiyal