Re: What's special about 1916-10-01 02:25:20? Odd jump in internal timestamptz representation

From: "Alistair Bayley" <alistair(at)abayley(dot)org>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What's special about 1916-10-01 02:25:20? Odd jump in internal timestamptz representation
Date: 2006-08-23 12:52:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On 18/08/06, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
>
> > No, it's a work of a simplistic perlscript IIRC. It simply looked for
> > the first match it could find, based on the list found in the registry
> > (the whole concept is a bit of an ugly hack, but it's the best we could
> > come up with). If there is a more fitting timezone for it, it should be
> > changed.
>
> I guess the question is whether, when Windows is using this setting,
> it tracks British summer time rules or not. Would someone check?
>
> regards, tom lane

What would a reasonable check be? I can start the Windows command
prompt and type "time /t" which gives me the current local time
(adjusted for daylight savings). In the Windows Date/Time dialogue
there is a "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes"
checkbox, which is checked. I don't know what registry setting this
maps to, though.

Alistair