MacOS X annoyances

From: "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MacOS X annoyances
Date: 2008-04-25 19:06:15
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I'm running PGAdmin III 1.8.2 on MacOS 10.5 and have come across some
minor annoyances:

1) The "About..." box only appears if the main window has focus-
choosing "About..." while a query window has focus does nothing.

2) If a query window loses focus, the "Unix Ln1 ..." line at the
bottom of the window is drawn half in black and half in grey
(horizontally).

3) Ctrl-E executes a query in the query window. Of these bugs, this
clearly the worst because in Cocoa applications, Ctrl-E is one of the
mapped emacs keys which jumps to the end of the line. Furthermore, the
menus offer no indication that Ctrl-E is supposed to execute- I only
see "F5" as the mapped key (which works too). At the very least, Ctrl-
E should do nothing on OS X. This is a serious problem considering
that I have accidentally executed queries several times.

Cheers,