Re: Feature freeze progress report

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature freeze progress report
Date: 2007-05-01 12:27:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Two more ideas for the manager, now that we seem to have consensus to
build one.

On Apr 30, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> -- We could save the patches by applied date and index them, and
> then have a
> place to point users when they ask: "When was X fixed? Do I *have* to
> upgrade to 8.1 or just 8.0?"

This should also make doing the release notes substantially easier,
though since there's probably some stuff that wouldn't go through the
patch queue we'd want commits from the patch queue to be marked
differently.

That brings up another idea for the patch management webapp...
presumably it could handle most/all of the process of actually
committing a patch. Granted, that's not a huge amount of work, but
it's silly to have committers do by hand that hich could be automated.
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net