Locale C vs Local English, United States

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Locale C vs Local English, United States
Date: 2006-12-14 21:17:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

i've done a few pgsql installs and this item never
really resonated in my head. i have been defaulting
to "C" for the locale. Is this right? I see there is
an option for "English, United States" - this would
seem to be a more obvious choice given my location in
the united states.

from what i've been able to dig up, it appears the
locale may have an impact on different queries.
anyway, i'd appreciate some insight so i can learn
something and add it to my windows pgsql install
tutorial.

tia...

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.