Re: error in linking

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Hicham G(dot) Elmongui" <elmongui(at)cs(dot)purdue(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error in linking
Date: 2004-08-06 05:49:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Hicham G. Elmongui" <elmongui(at)cs(dot)purdue(dot)edu> writes:
> When I tried to gmake, i got the following error message:
> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> PrintPlan executor/SUBSYS.o
> PrintQuery executor/SUBSYS.o

What PG version is this? I can't find any evidence for the existence of
these symbols in any version back to 7.0.

I suspect you've got some kind of version-skew problem (like including
headers from a different version than you're linking) but it's hard to
be sure when I can't trace down the symbols.