Re: masking the code

From: artacus(at)comcast(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, luca ciciriello <luca(dot)ciciriello(at)email(dot)it>
Subject: Re: masking the code
Date: 2009-06-26 19:37:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Obfuscated function source code (not wanted) Obfuscating function source code has minimal protective benefits because anyone with super-user access can find a way to view the code. At the same time, it would greatly complicate backups and other administrative tasks. To prevent non-super-users from viewing function source code, remove SELECT permission on pg_proc.

I completely agree w/ HArald. Its not something we'd want to see in an open source product. That said, I saw yesterday that the latest version of EnterpriseDB has this feature. So if you want to protect your own IP, then you've got to purchase someone else's.

Scott