Re: Sending notifications from the master to the standby

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sending notifications from the master to the standby
Date: 2012-01-11 04:33:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

BTW ... it occurs to me to ask whether we really have a solid use-case
for having listeners attached to slave servers. I have personally never
seen an application for LISTEN/NOTIFY in which the listeners were
entirely read-only. Even if there are one or two cases out there, it's
not clear to me that supporting it is worth the extra complexity that
seems to be needed.