Re: Problem restoring a dump

From: giulio calacoci <giulio(dot)calacoci(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
To: Johann Spies <jspies(at)sun(dot)ac(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem restoring a dump
Date: 2011-09-13 09:43:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

hi,

the character that is giving you troubles is "orizontal ellipsis", this character does not exists in latin1 encoding, only in utf8, so database you dumped was utf8 encoded.

i think the fastest way you have to solve the problem is: change the encoding of the target database you are trying to restore.

Regards

Giulio.