Re: Admission Control Policy

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Admission Control Policy
Date: 2009-12-28 21:39:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Le 28 déc. 2009 à 21:33, Kevin Grittner a écrit :
> We often see posts from people who have more active connections than
> is efficient.

How would your proposal better solve the problem than using pgbouncer?

<mad proposal time>
I'd be in favor of considering how to get pgbouncer into -core, and now that we have Hot Standby maybe implement a mode in which as soon as a "real" XID is needed, or maybe upon receiving start transaction read write command, the connection is handled transparently to the master.
</>

Regards,
--
dim