Re: Party planning

From: Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Party planning
Date: 2005-08-09 07:19:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 8/9/05, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su> wrote:
> btw,
> what's about getting visa ? We, in Russia, need invitation to get visa.

We in Poland also need visa. It is defenately much easier to get
Canadian visa than US visa, by the way. We don't _need_ to have
an invitation -- it is sufficient to proove we are not going to stay
there or work there (the thing is that you have to convince the
consul). Helpful would be invitation (formal or informa) from
a friend and/or invitation from some organisation (from a head
of such an organisation).

Its also worth to note, that while you could probably get US
visa in weeks (when I applied for it a while back it took months),
you could get Canadian visa in days.

I don't know about Russia-Canada visa regulations, but I guess
an invitation for Oleg would be a very good idea.

Regards,
Dawid

PS: Once again, while I have US visa, I think Canada is much better
choice -- much easier and quicker to get there.