comp.databases.postgresql poll?

From: Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: comp.databases.postgresql poll?
Date: 2004-11-09 00:17:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I've been thinking... with all the hussle regarding Usenet and
PostgreSQL mailing lists... I think it would be useful to make
a poll about what the readers of mailing lists think about it.

If you agree (I don't feel too rebelious at the moment ;)) I could
create a simple call for opinion and send it to mailing-lists (I think
it should go to all). The replies should be directed to me, and
after 7 days time I would present here summary. I think it would
clarify things a bit.

Readers would need to select one of these sentences.

My opinion is YES, pgsql-* mailing-lists should be gated to Big8 hierarchy,
in bidirectional UNMODERATED way.

My opinion is YES, pgsql-* should be gated to Big8 MODERATED way,
featuring white lists, etc.

My opinion is NO, pgsql-* should be separated from Big8, but at the same
time I feel the Big8 comp.databases.postgresql.* hierarchy should be created
nonetheless.

My opinion is NO, pgsql-* should be separated from Big8. I don't want
abything having to do with Big8.

Mu opinion is... I ABSTAIN. I'm happy with whatever you do.

The post would of course contain description of what Big8 is, why all
the hassle, and whats with the moderation.

I would of course send such message here, prior to starting the poll, so
you we would be able to figure out ambiguities.

Of course it would be only informative -- to check what are the feelings
about it throughout pgsql-* mailing lists.

And the results would be preseneted in Usenet style -- with all taking
part in the poll listed, so people could see not only how many are for/against
it, but also who.

Regards,
Dawid