postgres configuration

From: Sumeet <asumeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres configuration
Date: 2007-03-13 17:14:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi All,

Sorry if this is the wrong list to ask this question.

My Vacuum's are running very very slow and expecially when vacuuming indexes
in large tables of size in 5-10 gigabytes,
can some one help me determine the parameters for postgres.conf which will
help me vacuum fast. I'm running postgres on a server with 32 gigs of ram
and 8 processors.

Thanks,
Sumeet.