Re: WinXP Hibernation problem

From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris(at)familiedobbelsteen(dot)nl>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Steve Midgley" <public(at)misuse(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WinXP Hibernation problem
Date: 2007-10-18 19:40:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

You should be able to enable it in
"Control Panel"
-> "Power Options"
-> "Hibernate" tab
-> "Enable hibernation"

Unfortunally I'm running pgAdmin III 1.6.3 and put my laptop (IBM T60
with ATI video card) into sleep regarly (only reboot when the thing
hangs itself up after ripping out all my external hardware too fast).

Steve, can you check the problem exists with standby too? That should
work on your laptop (the university where I study had issued such
laptops to their students some years ago and they work fine with
standby). Alternatively you can try to make a system backup and try a
driver update, since the wonky multi-monitor seems scary.

>> Thanks for such an excellent product and for your time and energy in
>> making it so.
>
>you're welcome.

I don't have any disk space for hibernate, but with sleep this version
works as perfectly. I'll try the new version tomorrow. Issue is, the
current version works very well, thus I can only agree with Steve...

- Joris