Problem in running PostgreSQL

From: "Dakshinamoorthy Venkataraman" <dakshi(dot)venkat(at)wipro(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com>
Subject: Problem in running PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-01-22 04:11:32
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I am actually trying to use PostgreSQL on Windows using Cygwin. But there is a problem. I am using only a minimal set of Cygwin files required in my application to run the PostgreSQL database used in an application. I have done necessary changes to the Cygwin environment to run the PostgreSQL properly. It works fine if I have a Cygwin installation and I use the minimal Cygwin setup. But if I copy this minimal setup to a system without a Cygwin installation, there is a problem. I am able to start the PostgreSQL server. When I try to connect to the database using psql as a user of the database, the server processes get killed and the database crashes. I login a a user who is different from the user that created the database. When I check the logs, I see that it it because of the shm_get call (shared memory call). I tried to tweek the parameters, but in vain. I suspect there is a problem in the users. Would like to know if anyone has encountered such a problem? Also if you have any suggestion or clues to fix the problem, would be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,
dakshi

Attachment Content-Type Size
Wipro_Disclaimer.txt text/plain 522 bytes