Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
Cc: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum
Date: 1999-08-14 14:27:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"G. Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu> writes:
> Tom, does this patch address the problem you found in your
> EndPortalAllocMode comments? I'm just wondering whether another patch
> will be needed or if this one should cover the problem.

I think you need not worry. EndPortalAllocMode has a bug that ought to
be fixed IMHO, but it's only triggered if an error is reported outside
of any transaction context, and there is darn little backend processing
that happens outside of any transaction context. This vacuum shutdown
check might be the only such error, in fact. In short, it's something
to clean up for 6.6, but I doubt it's worth issuing a 6.5 patch for.