Re: $libdir

From: "Ian Harding" <harding(dot)ian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, "Ian Harding" <harding(dot)ian(at)gmail(dot)com>, "General PostgreSQL List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: $libdir
Date: 2007-06-05 16:10:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On 6/5/07, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:25:22PM -0700, Ian Harding wrote:
> > I know this is a question that gets asked a zillion times and is
> > almost always pilot error.
>
> I don't know much about this but the complaint is this:
>
> > The usual error about "file does not exist" relative to
> > $libdir/tsearch2 gets generated.
>
> And you have:
>
> > In that directory are the libtsearch2.so... files along with lots of
> > others, with 755 permissions, owned by root.
>
> Either the library should be "tsearch.so" not "libtsearch.so", or the
> request should be for "$libdir/libtsearch" or something (perhaps a
> directory is missing or something and it should be
> tsearch/libtsearch.so).

I saw that discrepancy, but assumed there was a prepending of "lib"
somewhere in the search. Turns out that is exactly the problem, and
changing the tsearch2.sql file to reflect

$libdir/libtsearch2

works. I will try to figure out how this happened and let the NetBSD
package maintainer know.

Thanks!

- Ian