Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and

From: "Steve Poe" <steve(dot)poe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and
Date: 2006-08-14 15:51:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

Jim,

I have to say Michael is onto something here to my surprise. I partitioned
the RAID10 on the SmartArray 642 adapter into two parts, PGDATA formatted
with XFS and pg_xlog as ext2. Performance jumped up to median of 98 TPS. I
could reproduce the similar result with the LSI MegaRAID 2X adapter as well
as with my own 4-disc drive array.

The problem lies with the HP SmartArray 6i adapter and/or the internal SCSI
discs. Putting the pg_xlog on it kills the performance.

Steve