exporting/importing BLOB's (lo_* style)

From: kevin kempter <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: exporting/importing BLOB's (lo_* style)
Date: 2008-09-12 19:19:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All;

I want to dump a set of BLOB's from one db/server and import to another.

I assume I cannot do a pg_dump unless I also dump related
pg_largeobject rows for the referenced OID

I assume I'll need to export via distinct lo_export commands and use
lo_import to insert into the second database server.

Is there a way to do a bulk transfer or export/import of lo_* style
large objects ?

Thanks in advance