Re: COPY command character set

From: "Peter Headland" <pheadland(at)actuate(dot)com>
To: "Adrian Klaver" <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: COPY command character set
Date: 2009-09-10 18:31:12
Lists: pgsql-general

> Maybe the link might help?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/multibyte.html

That page is too generic; what would be helpful is a section in the doc for each command that is affected by I18N/L10N considerations, that identifies how that specific command behaves.

Now that I have grasped the behavior, I'm more than happy to edit the COPY doc page, if people think that would be helpful/worthwhile.

--
Peter Headland
Architect