Re: yet another simple SQL question

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: yet another simple SQL question
Date: 2007-06-26 12:56:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice pgsql-sql

On Jun 26, 2007, at 2:19 , Achilleas Mantzios wrote:

> Στις Τρίτη 26 Ιούνιος 2007 09:40, ο/η John
> Summerfield έγραψε:
>>
>> Subjects such as yours don't cut the mustard. Try to summarise your
>> problem; if I'm interested in the problem then I will read it and
>> (maybe) help.
>>
>> When I find it's cross-posted, I'm likely to change my mind.
>
> Why do you think that criticizing was better than staying silent?
> Anyway, Joshua already took some very enlightening answers enuf to
> get him
> going.

While self-admittedly grumpy, I believe John was trying to encourage
better posting behavior from Joshua which will benefit him by
receiving more answers. If John had remained silent (as I'm sure
others who share his sentiment have), being (apparently) new, Joshua
probably wouldn't know he's potentially limiting the number of
answers he'd receive. Perhaps John could have phrased his email
differently, but I think he was trying to help Joshua.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net