JDBC - Call stored function that returns user defined type

From: <cyw(at)dls(dot)net>
To: "General PostgreSQL List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC - Call stored function that returns user defined type
Date: 2008-10-24 19:23:41
Lists: pgsql-general

I am looking for info on how to call a stored function that returns a user defined type.

Assume I have a type defined as:
CREATE TYPE XYType AS (x int4, y int4);

and I use CYType in a function such as this:
CREATE FUNCTION test(IN z int4, OUT xy XYType, OUT status character) RETURNS RECORD AS $BODY$.....

I found info on how to formulate a CallableStatement, but no info on how to process the results from the call? Or does Postgres JDBC support this type of calls?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
CYW