too many trigger records found for relation "item" - what's that about??

From: "Lenorovitz, Joel" <Joel(dot)Lenorovitz(at)usap(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: too many trigger records found for relation "item" - what's that about??
Date: 2007-01-22 19:56:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I've had a strange error crop up recently on a table 'Item' which
contains about 60 rows and lives in a development database I'm currently
working on. Since the DB was last freshly created from a dump file
several days ago I've added/dropped/altered a few tables (not
necessarily 'Item' though), modified some data, and run many queries
against this and other tables. Now, all of a sudden if I try to run a
query against 'Item' I get the error shown below about too many trigger
records. Any idea what this means, how this came to be, and most of all
how to correct it? Below is the buffer from a recent session with a \d
on Item and the only other thing I can offer is that several tables have
Item.id as a foreign key. Please advise and thanks in advance for the
help.

- Joel

postgres=# select * from item;
ERROR: too many trigger records found for relation "item"
postgres=# \d item
Table "public_test.item"
Column | Type |
Modifiers
-------------------------------------+------------------------+---------
--------
---------------------------------------
id | bigint | not null
default
nextval('item_sequence_id'::regclass)
name | character varying(100) | not null
manufacturer_organization_id | bigint |
model | character varying(100) |
version | character varying(100) |
size | character varying(100) |
quantity_measurement_parameter_enum | bigint | not null
color_enum | bigint |
batch_unit_enum | bigint |
is_consumable | boolean | not null
is_persistent | boolean | not null
"item_pkey_id" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
Foreign-key constraints:
"item_fkey_batch_unit_enum" FOREIGN KEY (batch_unit_enum) REFERENCES
enum_va
lue(id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT
"item_fkey_color_enum" FOREIGN KEY (color_enum) REFERENCES
enum_value(id) ON
UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT
"item_fkey_manufacturer_organization_id" FOREIGN KEY
(manufacturer_organizat
ion_id) REFERENCES organization(id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE
"item_fkey_quantity_measurement_parameter_enum" FOREIGN KEY
(quantity_measur
ement_parameter_enum) REFERENCES enum_value(id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON
DELETE REST
RICT

postgres=# select * from actual_inventory a join item b on a.item_id =
b.id;