Re: ERROR: unterminated quoted string... help

From: Volkan YAZICI <volkan(dot)yazici(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: unterminated quoted string... help
Date: 2005-05-18 08:35:00
Lists: pgsql-php pgsql-sql

Hi,

On 5/17/05, Postgres Admin <postgres(at)productivitymedia(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm trying to insert encrypted data into the database and I'm noticing
> error dealing with quotes. Below is the error print out...
>
> suggestions and/or at least point me in the direction to find a solution,
>
> INSERT INTO sample.users (user_name, first_name) VALUES
> ('jokers', '=ïµiF!¶6(֟㍾óˆÌ''-Iw‰iDÖiJÐÿ† %')
If you don't use parameters, you need to escape the data to place in
an SQL query command. But this may cost so much on the CPU and RAM
side if your will be escaped data is enough long to exhaust other
processes. (For example, it's not so feasible to unescape a media file
while inserting.)

At the moment, current stable releases of PHP doesn't support
parameter usage, but it was committed to CVS in revision 1.315. If
you'll need these kind of escape functions so much, I'd encourage you
to patch your php/ext/pgsql/pgsql.c with the one in CVS tree. After
patch, you'll be able to use pg_query_params, pg_prepare, pg_execute,
pg_send_query_params and pg_send_prepare; namely, every possible
parameter supported function.

Regards.