Re: postgres 7.0.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: nataraj(at)cdxc(dot)com
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 7.0.2
Date: 2000-08-22 15:30:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

nataraj(at)cdxc(dot)com writes:
> I added few tables using "Create table" command. Using the psql
> commands I can querry the newly created tables and I can insert into
> and delete records from the new tables. But For some reason, If I use
> the same querries in web application, it does not return any data. In
> otherwords, the web application sees only the tables created initially
> when the database was created and it does not see the tables added
> after the creation of the tables.

Offhand I'm betting that your webserver is connecting to a different
database than the one you created the tables in. If you aren't
careful to specify, the default is to connect to a database named the
same as your username, so it's easy to see how the webserver might be
connecting to a different db. "psql -l" should list the databases
that your postmaster has, or you can do "select * from pg_database".