Re: postgres 7.0.2

From: Tim Perdue <tim(at)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 7.0.2
Date: 2000-08-22 15:49:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> same as your username, so it's easy to see how the webserver might be
> connecting to a different db. "psql -l" should list the databases
> that your postmaster has, or you can do "select * from pg_database".

Hi Tom - it was nice to meet you at the show last week.

This command you just showed here is extremely subtle and few people
know about it.

What would it take for you to map "show databases" to get that same
output? Same for "show tables" and "describe tbl_name". I think these
are standard SQL conventions which would be helpful for a lot of people.

Tim

--
Founder - PHPBuilder.com / Geocrawler.com
Lead Developer - SourceForge