getting out boolean value from PQgetValue function

From: "Arunachalam Parthasarathy" <arunachalamamsam(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getting out boolean value from PQgetValue function
Date: 2008-01-12 20:11:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all,

I am using pg advisory locks in my application using libpq. When lock is
obtained, the result set contains boolean value for the row locked in result
set.

When i iterate over the result set, i am unable to get the return boolean
value in my code. The ptr returned by PQGetValue is valid, but contains
nothing. why is it so?

do i need to use ntohl to convert / see the proper binary value?

Please reply me regarding this.

thanks a lot,
Arunachalam.