Re: insert performance for win32

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: insert performance for win32
Date: 2005-09-06 17:11:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

> This makes me wonder if we are looking in the wrong place. Maybe the
> problem is coming from psql? More results to follow.

problem is not coming from psql.

One thing I did notice that in a 250k insert transaction the insert time
grows with #recs inserted. Time to insert first 50k recs is about 27
sec and last 50 k recs is 77 sec. I also confimed that size of table is
not playing a role here.

Marc, can you do select timeofday() every 50k recs from linux? Also a
gprof trace from linux would be helpful.

Merlin