Re: Oracle VP on MySQL

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Ned Lilly" <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle VP on MySQL
Date: 2004-04-19 12:40:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Ned Lilly wrote:
> Furthermore, the low level of resources available to MySQL to fund
> development and the very small size of their development team raise
> questions about the viability of the MySQL business model and
technology
> development path going forward.

His alternative speech,

"Hey, MySQL is a great product. Heck, we even use it here for our own
internal accounting applications. Why spend 10k$ on a database when you
can get the same thing for a fraction of the cost along with the source
code? Next round of drinks is on me!"

was narrowly voted down by the Oracle board of directors.

Merlin